Red Mountain South
The Red Mountain South subdivision project will provide improvements to water, sewer, storm sewer, roadway, sidewalk, curb and gutter, mill and overlay, drainage replacement, and Broadband infrastructure work within the road ROW along the main subdivision roadways. A sidewalk addition will also be added to North Walz Ave. Areas of work include Riverview Drive, West 11th St,. Red Mountain Drive (south), 11th Place, West 12th St, Walz Ave cul-de-sac and sidewalk addition along North Walz Ave and 11th Place.
This project will be paid for by the Street Tax Fund and the City Water Department.
- Phase I Construction: Monday, July 19 - October 2021 (approximately 4 months)
- Work Hours: 7 a.m.-5 p.m. (overnight impacts anticipated)
- Construction noise, uneven roads, lane closures with one-way traffic, shoulder work, limited water shutoffs, driveway closures
- No street parking on Riverview Dr. beginning Monday, July 19 for the duration of the work this year (phase I). Riverview Dr. will be one-way only for the duration of phase I (anticipated to be one-way headed south but may change depending on work activities).
- 10th Street closures to allow concrete removal, stormwater work, and replacement with a temporary then permanent surface. Use Red Mountain Dr. for alternate access.
- Water shutdowns will be noticed 48 hours in advance with door flyers and will be kept to a minimum with the work. Road closures will be noticed 24 hours in advance via the project email, and detours will be set up so that residents can get to and from their homes with as few disruptions as possible.
- Residents should anticipate a period of 2-3 days during concrete pours of the curb, gutter, sidewalk, and driveway repairs, when residents cannot enter/exit their driveway while the concrete cures. Concrete must reach a minimum strength threshold prior to driving on it. That time duration is dependent on weather conditions but generally is 3 days.
There is a lot of work to do this summer and fall, but it will set us up well to start up again in the Spring of 2022 to finish the rest of the neighborhood during phase 2.
2021 / Phase I Goals
- Install the mainline water along Riverview Drive
- Install all the stormwater system infrastructure
- Complete the 5’ sidewalk along Riverview
- Install new curb and gutter
- Asphalt surfacing
- Speed bumps/signage
The first construction activity will be to remove the concrete valley pans and mill the asphalt along Riverview Drive (no street parking on Riverview beginning Monday, July 19 for the duration of the project). The asphalt millings will be left in place as the temporary road surface, but with the asphalt milled it will allow Gould to control the smoothness of the roadway surface and allow them to dig faster with less complications than large asphalt chucks coming up with the construction would cause. The goal is to get the storm sewer crossing of Midland done prior to school starting in August and get that section of the work buttoned up quickly.
July 22 Community Meeting Recording
The meeting recording can be found here:
July 22, 2021 Red Mountain South Community Meeting
March 15 Community Meeting Recording
The meeting recording can be found here:March 15, 2021 Red Mountain South Community Meeting